Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shake a leg




I returned from a stunning vacation in the Grenadines with rejuvenation and a bit of a tan. At the time I knew that I wanted to record a new mix, but I was unsure which direction it would go. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, the influx of stress over the past few weeks helped me narrow focus and craft the playlist. While reaching for tracks that I very much enjoy as of late, often simple and catchy to give my mind a break, I began to notice a trend towards the grimey. So, without further ado, I'd like to share a new mini mix with you (albeit a tad louder and dirtier than usual). Enjoy!

_Michael




Setlist:

Santigold - You'll Go Crazy ft. Young Jeezy
Phoenix - Listomania (Alex Metric Remix)
The Virgins - Rich Girls (The Twelves Remix)
Passion Pit - The Reeling (Calvin Harris Remix)
Boss in Drama - Favorite Song
Sébastien Tellier - Kilometer (A-Trak Remix)
Dragonette - Fixin' To Thrill (Don Diablo Remix)
Hot Chip - Touch Too Much (Fake Blood Remix)
MSTRKRFT - Click Click ft. E-40
Killa Queenz - Bitches (Zombie Disco Squad Remix)
Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger (Deadmau5 Edit)
Heads We Dance - When The Sirens Sound (Don Diablo Remix)
Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream (Van She Tech Remix)

1 comment:

  1. I must say that this mix was a great compliment to my site plan coloring today :) Well done! I especially liked the very subtle "beautiful notions" additions to the track.

    ReplyDelete